Monday, July 6, 2015

Dear Doc,

This weekend was the 4th of July.

These are the things I didn't eat:
Cookies (which I might add, were adorable with their red,white and blue frosting and coordinating sprinkles).
Buns. (That's right, I was that weirdo eating hot dogs without their buns.)
Bread. (See above.)

These are the things I did eat:
Vegetables.
Fruit.
Pulled pork.
A hot dog.
One itty bitty sliver of cake.
A few (FEW!!!) strawberries dipped in chocolate. (So, that's a total of what... a third of Hershey bar, maybe?)

So, I thought I did pretty good. In fact, I was so virtuous I patted myself on the back. A lot.

Also, I walked. A lot.

So, I thought I'd step on the scale for a little encouragement.

And discovered I weigh exactly the same as I did three weeks ago.

And may I just say, this sucks.

I know that I have all these things stacked against me. PCOS, diabetes, wonky thyroid... yeah, yeah, yeah. But seriously, after three weeks of this, couldn't my body have given up a lousy pound or two?

I just remembered why I give up on every weight loss plan I try. Because of *this*.  Because while the rest of the world, it seems, goes through their "rapid weight loss period," I've apparently gone straight to the plateau phase. Except that... oh, yeah.... I haven't lost any damn weight.

It sucks. It sucks, it sucks, it sucks. I just don't have anything else to say.

Your very discouraged patient,

Heather







No comments:

Post a Comment